" A NEWS-FOCUSED, ENTERTAINEMENT-DRIVEN SITE FOR ALPHATV."
The main objective for Alpha TV was to create a fresh functional website that will include a series of characteristics such as news, program information, videos, tv shows microsites and other related material.
In detail, the website included the following:
- Complete newsroom with several major categories (Greece, politics, economy, international, sports, weather)
- Live streaming of the TV program
- Video library with all the shows (past and current)
- Electronic Program Guide (EPG) with detailed information about all shows (with ratings, live streaming features, video archive availability, link to specific microsite, etc.)
- Microsites for all TV shows (max. no of concurrent microsites: 23). Each microsite included a separate navigation that included features such as newsroom, videos, polls, quizzes, forums, contests, contact forms, customized modules for voting players, game player pages with related info, simple text pages. etc.)
- Additional information about theaters, contests, events, etc.
- Offers (similar to groupon.gr offers)
The entire website was build on Kentico CMS robust and extensible platform and it was customized to accommodate a series of unique characteristics.
- Extensive use of document types for various types of elements presented on the website
- A wide range of workflows to activate content for different sections of the site. A range of 10-20 editors/seniors editors were involved during various stages of the project and different workflows allowed a seamless activation/approval process for the content.
- Integration with Adobe Media Server and Wowza Media Server APIs
- Integration with station’s EPG system and presentation of the program in a grid.
- Due to the nature of the website and the need for quick development of several microsites for new shows (ex. Πάμε πακέτο, Ελένη, Big Brother, etc) a customized module was developed that offered a wizard-like generation of microsite templates with different look-and-feel but similar functionalities. The editors were able to generate and populate microsites within 24-48 hours since the major functionalities were already implemented within the system. Custom functionalities were developed ad-hoc.
- Integration with Google DFP advertising platform. The advertising team was able to setup and execute advertising campaigns to different sections of the website based on a set of criteria. The website had installed a series of DFP codes for each section/microsite of the website. On top of the codes, a customized module allowed the definition of completed campaign on multiple sections on top of the sections defined on Google DFP.
- The data from the CMS (news, videos, articles, etc.) were sent to the mobile application via a series of rss feeds. The feeds were generated in real time and the data displayed on the mobile app had different display criteria.
re|direct is a certified Kentico Gold Partner